Russia

Chapoma program
« Back

To avoid overcrowding of the fisheries we operate this program on a rotational basis. This means that right upon arrival at Chapoma helicopter landing site, the whole group will be divided in two, 5 fishermen in each basically. One will be accompanied to traditional northern Russian riverside cottage where guests will stay for three full fishing days and three nights. Hot meals of Russian cuisine will be served each day, and snacks will be prepared for riverside lunch while fishing. Other group will be transferred to the upper Chapoma wilderness tent camp. Fishermen will be accommodated in personal twin tents. Meals will be prepared and served in spacious tent equipped with table and stools, electric power generator and a cooker. After three full fishing days and nights spent in pristine wilderness the group will be switched, thus ensuring everybody has fished all productive pools in a river.

Itinerary
 
Day 1. Meeting in Rovaniemi, Finland. Bus trip towards Finnish/Russian border crossing point at Salla. After completing crossing procedures we will continue our way to Varzuga village. Overnight.

Day 2. App. 1 hour helicopter flight to Chapoma village. Group I – accommodation in the riverside cottage. Group II – accommodation in a tent camp.

Days 3-5. Fishing in the Chapoma river.

Day 5. In the evening of a third fishing day groups will be switched round.

Days 6-8. Fishing in the Chapoma river.

Day 9. Early in the morning our driver will collect the group from a tent camp and drive it back to Chapoma. Both groups meet at Chapoma helicopter strip. Flight to Varzuga village. Accommodation and overnight.

Day 10. Transfer to Rovaniemi.

Season

Fishing in Southern Kola rivers starts in May and lasts till the end of October. The prime time is considered to be the June and October though.

Weeks available

June 2010 - weeks 23, 24, 25, 26

October 2010 – weeks 39, 40, 41

Group capacity – min 10 fishermen

Price: For bookings prior February 1st 2010 – 2245 eur/rod.

Price includes: transfer Rovaniemi – Varzuga; all local transfers; RT helicopter flight Varzuga-Chapoma; accommodation in Varzuga village; accommodation in riverside cottage in Chapoma; accommodation in personal twin tents in Chapoma tent camp; full board; six full days of fishing; fishing license.

Price does not include: transfers Departure point-Rovaniemi and back; insurance; visa fees; alcoholic beverages.

Trip is considered to be reserved when deposit of 40% of trip price is paid. The rest 60% of trip price should be paid no less than 40 days before departure. In case of cancellation deposit is not refundable.